Sunday, September 10, 2017 – Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area 2100 Isherwood Way, Fremont, CA
Get ready, Bay Area Superheroes! Mended Little Hearts of the Bay Area and Heart Heroes, Inc. present the 2nd Annual Superhero Heart Run at Quarry Lakes Rec Area! On Sunday, September 10, 2017, the Bay Area will be suiting up in superhero gear and capes to “Save the Day for Congenital Heart Defects”!
Proceeds raised from this event will be utilized to provide support, education, research and create awareness for CHD, the most common birth defect worldwide. Families in California will benefit directly through the programs and services provided by Mended Little Hearts and Heart Heroes, Inc.
CLICK TITLE TO EXPAND OR COLLAPSE:
- SIGN-UP INFO
Adults: $25 ♥︎ Children (2 – 12): $10 ♥︎ Heart Heroes (those with CHD): FREE! Online pricing through 9/8/17. Walk-up registration available day-of event.
– All paid, online registrants will receive a commemorative Superhero Heart Run Cape (capes will be provided for walk-up registrants as available). Capes are distributed at the event. One free race bag is distributed per family as available.
– Heart Heroes (those with CHD) are always free; however they do need to register.
– Heart Heroes are encouraged to wear their custom Heart Hero Cape to the run so we can distinguish our honored guests! Click here to request a Heart Hero Cape – please enter the code “SHHR” into the Organization Code field so we can get your cape ordered and shipped in time for the run!
– Please note, commemorative run capes are only provided for paid registrations and are provided during check-in at the event.
– Make sure you create or join a fundraising team, or fundraise on your own! We need your help to “Save the Day for CHD” and reach our fundraising goal!
- VENUE & PARKING
Venue & Parking
Quarry Lakes Regional Rec Area – 2100 Isherwood Way, Fremont, CA Park
Entry Fee: $5.00 per vehicle
- EVENT ACTIVITIES & SCHEDULE
Schedule & Day-of Activities
Info goes here
- COURSE MAPS
5k Course Map
2k Course Map
- INCLEMENT WEATHER PLAN
Inclement Weather Plan
The safety of our attendees is our primary concern.
Lightning: The event will be postponed by 30 minutes. All racers and spectators will be move to a safe space for shelter. If the lightning continues, then the race will be cancelled.
Rain: The event will NOT be canceled due to rain alone. If it is determined that the bike portion of the race would be unsafe due to wet roads, then the race will be changed to a swim-run duathlon. Athletes will be informed of such a change via announcements on race day.
Tornado warning: The race will be canceled in the event of a tornado warning.
Refund Policy: We are unable to process refunds in the event of cancellation due to weather or other circumstances outside of our control.
- BECOME A SUPER SPONSOR!
Sponsor opportunities found on our Sponsor Page!
SUPER TIPS & IDEAS